Views:0 Author:D and D Hardware Publish Time: 2021-06-07 Origin:D and D Hardware
As we all know, fire rated hardware is the core of fireproof doors. The normal opening and closing of the door is inseparable from the tacit cooperation of various fireproof hardware accessories. If the fire door is not used with a complete door system, it will not function as a door.
We will clarify the standard configuration requirements for fire door hardware from the following two aspects:
1. The significance of door system
2. Standard requirements for fire rated door hardware in different areas
1. The Significance of door system
Fire rated door is interconnected by four factors: Door Hanging system, Door locking method, Door control system, and Door protection system.
Among them, the opening control system is a crucial part. The door management system controls the flow of people throughout the building.
Door hardware have to be considered the following six factors:
1. Escape - The flow of people is large and dense, and a lot of them have been super-high-rise buildings, which have greater requirements for fire escape. Quick and secure escape from the building.
2. Fire Resistant - When the fire happens, the fire compartment within the building can be prevented from spreading based on the layout requirements; to acquire time for escape.
3. Safety - The business building has a massive flow of people, regular entry and exit of various kinds of employees, have high requirements for security, and excludes unauthorized personnel!
4. Regional function - The commercial building has complicated functions and strong professionalism, along with the works of each region are more complex. Meet the functional requirements of each region.
5. Management - For the division of different regions, the corresponding gate management requirements are also more complicated. Convenience of the management party (property company).
6. Accessibility - High-end commercial centers will need to take into account the factors of special people, and need much more barrier-free facilities, for example delay function requirements and automatic door design.
Fire rated doors should not only meet the requirements of the door system, but also meet the standards of different areas before being installed in buildings.
2.Standard requirements for fire rated door hardware in different areas
Fire rated door standards associated with fire rated door hardware include EN 1634 in Europe and UL 10C in America.
British Fire Code and European Fire Rated Door Standard EN1634
In comparison with other European nations, the British Fire Code is very complete and comprehensive. The British standard of BS has been used in the united kingdom, and also the CE/EN standard has been improved. Adding BS prior to EN standard becomes the national benchmark of Britain. BS EN 1634:2004 has altered BS 476:31. Since that time, the uk and Europe have used the same fire door detection standard.
Except that the hardware on the fire door has to pass the fire rated test EN1634 together with the fire door. Fire-rated hardware in the UK must also comply with CE/EN formal testing requirements and be licensed by third-party certification party, such as CERTIFIRE or INTERTEK, to permit such hardware to be installed on fire doors.
Door hinge-BS EN1935
Door close-BS EN1154
Mortise lock-BE EN12209
Panic exit device-BS EN1125
Emergency departure device-BS EN179
American NFPA80 and UL 10C
UL10C is one of the three American fire door standards.
NFPA80 is the standard of installation and usage of fire doors from the United States. It is a very perfect set of standard for the use, installation, maintenance and testing of fire exits. This set of specifications has comprehensive inspection and maintenance guidelines, and stipulates that Authorized Having Jurisdiction (AJH) should behave as fire doorway and related hardware.
Each fire rated door must be inspected and licensed by a recognized professional unit (AJH) at least every year to make certain that each and every fire is in good condition.
Butts and Hinges with ANSI/BHMA A156.1
Mortise locks with ANSI/BHMA A 156.13
Door controls-Closer with ANSI/BHMA A 156.4
Fire Exit Hardware with ANSI/BHMA A 156.3
These standard are required on fire doors:
All hardware must pass the relevant fire certificate.
Every door and hardware is tagged to indicate the relevant fire detection was passed.
If the label is damaged, it can only apply for a supplement to the licensing authority.
Fire rated door hardware standardization plays a very important role in efficiently improving and solving door quality problems. Using door standardized fire rated door hardware empowers the door's complete performance to be enhanced and controlled, minimizing problems in production, installation and after-sales. To ensure the standard of the entrance.
In order to safely and stably function as a fire rated door, the doors will need to be used with the standardized door hardware.
D and D HARDWARE has more than 12 years of expertise in manufacturing Door Hardware for metal doors, comprise fire rated door hinges, ANSI fire door hinges, fire door handles, Fire door locks, Door Cylinders,Door closers, Panic exit devices and Door Accessories etc..
For further info about Fire rated door solution or any of our solutions, click here.
Contact us now:
Mob: 0086-139 2903 7292
Email: David@dndhardware.com, email@example.com
Mob: 0086-137 2599 9617